Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beginning to Inspire

Here it is! My first post. One of my dreams in life is to be a writer. In any way, shape, or form, read by a few, or read by millions, for money or not. So, I will frequently be posting from my personal journals, short stories, poems, or whatever I decide to jot down and share. 

This one is very special to me personally. I wrote it a few days after I got discharged medically from the Air Force Academy, which was one of my dreams at one point in time. It helped me figure out what it really was that I wanted out of this life, and maybe it will help you too.



20  July 2011

What do you wish to say at the end of your lifetime?

Will you boldly boast of brave accomplishments and daring feats? Will you calmly let the wisdom and experience you've collected as tokens all your life flow from your aged lips? Will you gleam and glisten as you find you cannot tell of your life without joy and laughter? Or perhaps you will only be able to offer solemn anecdotes of the hardship that proved a bittersweet companion during your days on earth?

It may not matter what combination of said and unsaid possibilities you will find yourself confronted with at the end of days, but I pray one possibility remain absent: that you will feebly admit that you have nothing to say, nothing to pass on, nothing but a dry whisper of unfulfilled dreams, ungranted wishes, and regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment