Monday, July 30, 2012

Recipe and Story: Strawberry Angels and Getting Closer to Heaven

This afternoon I made one of the easiest yet most delicious set of cookies I've ever concocted. I found the 3-ingredient recipe for these cloud-like, melt-in-your-mouth dreams on pinterest.com (my favorite new internet addiction). It's a Smuckers recipe, and it was very much appreciated at my Bible Study tonight, but more on that later... Here's the recipe so you can make it yourself!



Strawberry Angel Cookies   1 package Angel Food Cake  3/4 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Jam  3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) HEAT oven to 325° for 10 to 12 min


Strawberry Angels

  • 1 package of Angel Food Cake mix
  • 3/4 c. low-sugar strawberry preserves
  • semi-sweet chocolate chips (as many as you desire!) 
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. 
  2. The mixture after everything is combined. LOVE the pink color!
  3. Combine the cake mix (the dry cake mix ONLY, no water or eggs or anything else) and jam until moist and thoroughly blended. Add chocolate chips (the more the merrier!)
  4. Ready for the oven! 12 minutes to go!
  5. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
  6. Don't those look good? They are now ready to be brought to the Bible Study!!
  7. Cool and enjoy with the "angels" in your life!
 So, I doubled the recipe to make about 4 dozen to bring with me to my new Bible Study called Refuel. A friend of mine I talk to about attending Liberty (my number one school on the list I applied to-- prayers and fingers crossed!!) asked me if I would be interested in going last week, and I decided to meet him at his church to check it out.

I'll admit-- I was scared. I am always scared to go to any kind of fellowship because I am always afraid I am not "Christian" enough. Go ahead, laugh at it, but it's always this feeling I've had in my gut. But going to this amazing Bible study, which includes nearly 50 Christians ages ranging from early teens to early twenties, showed me that there is no such thing as a qualifying list for a Christian-- just that you are who you are and Jesus fills in the rest. What a beautiful way to live and be accepted. These amazing people, far wiser beyond their years, showed me that.

Today we talked about 1 Corinthians 2, and he amazing power of God and His love that consumes all else. Not only was the message tonight great, and the worship music uplifting, but I love that I can go to this group, say whatever I please, and learn and grow and be encouraged. This is one of God's greatest gifts-- the fellowship and interactions we have with others that allow us to see Him more and more. I hope that all of you get a chance to experience something like this.

So, I thought it was only fitting that I share my angel cookies with my own "angels," the group of incredible young people just trying to find their way to Heaven just like me. What a beautiful thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment